- This event has passed.
Understanding Electronic Security Systems – UESS, Mobile
July 18 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$265 – $365
Classroom/Instructor Led Training for NTS Courses
This seven-hour course teaches students the basic elements of the electronic security field including sensors, control panels and communications, with an emphasis on the need for an adequate site survey. The course stresses the importance of false alarm prevention and explores the interactions between electronic life safety/security professionals, law enforcement and fire prevention officials.
Please be aware that if you need to use this course for licensing or towards one of ESA’s certifications you will need to take the UESS proctored exam at a PSI testing facility. For more details on arranging and scheduling a proctored exam please visit the Proctored Exam information page.
- Who should attend: Non-technical staff, business owners, law enforcement, fire service, and code officials and anyone seeking an overview of the electronic life safety and security industry.
- CEU’s: 8
Schedule is subject to change. Minimum class requirement—10 students.
- Course may be cancelled due to lack of attendance. Please register early!
- If you are booking a hotel room, be wary of non-refundable reservations.
- AAA can add new classes for 10 students or schedule a private class for your company.
- Payment must accompany registration form to reserve a seat or pay online.(see below)
- Registration forms received less than two weeks prior to class beginning date will be charged a late fee of $50.
- Rescheduling and written cancellations must be done at least five (5) business days prior to class or fee is forfeited.
- If you have given five (5) business days notice that you are unable to attend, you will receive a rain check for a future class, or reimbursement less a $100 non-refundable fee.
No Refunds or Rain Checks for No Shows
- A company may substitute one tech for another without penalty.
- Member discounts are awarded to all current ESA members.
- Members outside of Alabama must provide proof of membership or pay nonmember rate.
- $25 fee for NSF.